Monday, January 7, 2013

Repurpose an old Shelf


So, why buy all new wall decorations when you're redecorating a room? There's no reason to! Kaylee (my little sister) and I looked around Goodwill until we found some items that would work for us.
We found a shelf and an old rack (to use for nail polishes), 
but in this post I'm just going to focus on the shelf.

This is an old shelf that I purchased from Goodwill for $3. I wanted to make it match the new decor; I saw one easy way to do this...Spray paint! :)






After unscrewing the 2 pieces, I set up a work station in the garage to begin painting.






The colors of our bathroom focus on black and gray, so I decided making the shelf black and metallic silver. (All the spray paints I used are just regular paints that can be found at any local Walmart, JoAnn's, etc...)






Ta-Da!!! I love the finished product! I wish I would've gotten a picture of the finished product on the wall...but I guess I'll have to do that later. Hope this inspired you to take a trip out to Goodwill to redo some of your own wall decorations! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment